Sunday, October 12, 2008

* My Grandma

I saw Grandma in my dreamz........

Is that an omen telling me that she's sick??? She's now 82 years old and she's thin and feeble.

In my dreamz i saw her making me my fav (rice payasam) poridge. When we were kids i always told my Grandma to make payasam as it was my fav dish (i always wanted her to make it becz her recipe was amazingly delicious).

i'll call her today evening and talk to her.....ow i miss her a lot!



Rice payasam recipe :-

Ingredients:Rice - 1/2 cup; soaked in water for 10 minutes

Milk - 2 cups

Coconut milk - 1/2 cup

Jaggery - 1 cup or added more to taste

Raisins - 1 tablespoon

Cashewnuts - 10

Pistachio nuts - 1 tablespoon

Cardamoms pods - 8, powdered

Ghee - 1 tablespoon


Method:

Bring the milk and coconut extract to boil. Add the soaked rice and cook it over low heat until rice is cooked very well and is mushy. Add the jaggery and mix it thoroughly. After the jaggery dissolves, allow the payasam to simmer for 5 minutes and remove from the heat. Fry the cashew nuts, pistachios, and raisins separately in the ghee and add these along with the cardamom powder to the payasam.

Serve lukewarm or cold. Enjoy!

No comments: