Tuesday, November 11, 2008

* i'm frustrated


Dear Blogspere,
Sorry for my short comings.....

i haven't been in a good mood to write on my blog.
I'm a little irritated about the new appointment of a new GM
(a Jor**nian old man but a fox).
This new GM seems to be a new in Kuwait.He's just 12 months in Kuwait without any previous experience as a GM. He's in his mid 50's , very thin in physique with thick Index Glasses.
Lets name him" Mr.J"

Mr.J somehow pleased our Big Kuwaiti boss and took over the place of our GM. Mr.J has no idea what to do and has let down the pressure on all the staffs here. Everyone now hates the new rules & regulations from the new GM. We are no more busy as usual and everyone is confused with the new rules. I also noticed that everyone is busy chatting or doing their personal work. They were all forwarding emails and jokes. I saw some playing cards, pokers,pinball...etc on their PC.

I am planning to do something like this ........




I myself went to the Safat Alghanim on the 4th Ring road today during working hours (10am) and spent a good amount of time looking at the new products. No one even came to know where i was or enquired about me!
My earlier GM was a GEM!He was an arab and the same nationality as Mr.J. our old GM always kept the office busy and gave us a pat on our sholder and smiled if we did a good job. He even gave the staff an annual appreciation letter and a token of money as a gift. We all worked sincerely in those days even though our old GM wasnt bringing in
new projects/business. He had brought in soo much ideas for business but nothing seemed to make money.........we wanted him to succeed but towards to end he accepted defeat and one fine morning Mr.J turned up as a visitor here and then the new story begins.

I dont think this new GM can make anything better. The only new thing he did was appointed his son (lets call him Mr.O) in our same office as a Asst Business Development Manager (a spoiled kid who claims he's an IT engineer without any certificates). This new Mr.J & Mr.O has become a new threat to the Egyptian community here in our company. Mr.J & Mr.O never bothered to even talk to them......Everyone here in our office is busy posting their resume in www.bayt.com (including me).

I myself hate this place now.After posting my resume in bayt.com, i received a call last Monday and had a telephone interview. The lady at the other end of the phone seemed to be pleased with my conversation except for my demand on Basic Salary. Why should i go for a lesser salary when i have an experience of 6~7 years and have my own car. I don't expect her to call me again.

Our office was a non smoking office earlier, but Mr.J & Mr.O has made the Farash (tea boy) to bring in Ashtrays for all the tables/workstations. I'm afraid he wont ask us to being smoking. Today i saw some papers on the accountants table which was the list of all the monthly allowances being paid to the staffs here..........my assumption is Mr.J & Mr.O are planning to reduce/deduct/stop this to make more income out of this. When i asked the accountant why he had printed this, the innocent Egyptian accountant looked puzzled and helpless.........this face expressed the answer.

Today morning our HR Manager (Egyptian nationality) called all the office staffs personally and discussed his dissatisfaction & concern for the company management.It seems the backbone of the company has become week and we all know this company might close down within 1 year or less.

We even faced a huge loss during the stock market financial crisis. Our company had invested a tremendous amount of money on various stocks which were mainly well known companies & banks out of which one Kuwaiti bank fell on its knees!

All this has got me really pissed and we are the ones to face the consequences here. I really wish things turn out to be on the right track because i love this company whole heartedly. My dad had worked in this company for 15 years (now settled back and living a retired life) and we have gained the trust from our Kuwaiti bosses. Its very sad to say our Kuwaiti boss is no more interested to run this show and handed everything over to Mr.J & Mr.O.

I guess these issues reflect my mood.........
maybe i'm being too sincere and loyal....
maybe i shouldnt love the company i work for..........
maybe i should resign !

1 comment:

Desert Girl said...

Hi Vinz. I think a lot of companies in Kuwait are suffering from identity crisis right now. We are going through almost exactly the same thing. For a minute, I thought you might be one of my colleagues! Everyone where we are is jumping ship.

Can you send me your e-mail? I was wondering where the building you mention to me is located.

Thanks and best wishes, DG