Sunday, January 25, 2009

* Should i turn selfish ?

I feel people around me are turning to be more selfish day by day......my friends, colleagues, neighbours, family members.....(maybe everyone including me! )

For the past 7 years I have been working for a well known Trading & Contracting company but recently i was transfered with a promotion/increment to their sister concern company (a Marine Department) becz my big boss needed my services there. So i'm in a new environment for the past two months with all new colleagues who are real friendly. But i find it very hard & dissapointing to communicate with my old colleagues becz they now behave as though i never worked with them for 7 years.Since my job nature (i.e. project admin) is to interact with both the companies, i find that my previous collegues show no co-operation to any of my requests/requirements. I dont want to put this issue in front of my boss becz i know they would have to face severe consequences.

I had the same experience today morning also when i was there in my previous office with some job related to purchasing. My once upon a time friend (ex-colleague) behaved as though i was a stranger and couldnt even put up a fake smile.Whatever i asked him/her, the reply was "I DONT KNOW"

Atleast some of them were warm & welcoming towards me such as the teaboy, my Managing Director & my General Manager and some new staffs smiled & we had a small chit-chat.
when i reached back to my office, i thought maybe i'm moving slow with the pace of new lifestyle.

I hate this kinda attitude.......
i believe i never did anything that made anyone upset.......what shouldi call their behaviour (jealous or something?) is it becz i got promoted with an increment?
i really dont know..........but i'm not gonna spoil this day becz i came to my office with a big smile and i'm pretty sure this day is gonna be as beautiful as before!

2 comments:

Sh7afana said...

they dont strike me as selfish.. more on the jelous and envious part. i say screw 'em.. u do ur thing..

Anonymous said...

you do your thing alot of people have a green cloud around them, they want what you have achived... tough!